About

A 21 year old novelist just trying to finish their first novel by sharing the writing progress with the world.

Powered by Blogger.
Friday, February 1, 2013
Getting back on schedule, there is a reason why Thursday's post is now on Friday. 1. Sudentlink was put on this earth to torment people and 2. When the Internet was back, I was helping teach kids how to play Quidditch. All that is passed and now it's back to the bi weekly post.

It took longer then what I thought to write Chapter 3. One reason, last week was a chaotic week, but another reason is that I find it much harder to edit than to create. The revised draft from the original book, Chapters 1, 2, and 3 I had already done before starting over. The problem with Chapter 3, is that I was happy with the first 2 Chapters. The 3rd? Not so much. Chapter 3 was parts of Chapters 3 and the beginnings of 4 with new content added in. What was weired is that I was stumped when rewriting scenes but as soon as I get to write something new, could whip it out on no time.

Why do you think this is? Because I'm stumped.

Something else i find hard is resisiting the urge to go back and re write scene, even once I get feed back. For the record, this is going to reference Chapter 3. If you haven't read it yet, they prepared to be spoiled. For example, the introduction of new Characters, like Jolene, Bo, and Michael, I got mixed reviews on. For example, I didn't explain how Ezra knew Michael or Jolene and it was confusing. I want to go back and fix it so bad and it others me but If I fix it then i fall into the same trap as before.

So to clear a few things up:
Ezra and Michael are married.
Jolene and Ezra found each other from Marcus. Most Nightlings don't know each other that well, but a few friendships slip by.
I didn't do a good job on Ezra and Bo's relationship.

I'll go back and fix these things in the next revision. Next week should be Chapter 4, one of my favorite chapters.

With all due respect,
Megan

1 comments:

Rusty Rhoad said...

Don't go backward. If you absolutely have to change something so your readers don't hate you, just append it as a postscript and keep going. You don your best writing when you get on a creative roll, which it's extremely difficult to do if you continue to go backward.