About

A 21 year old novelist just trying to finish their first novel by sharing the writing progress with the world.

Powered by Blogger.
Wednesday, April 24, 2013
I just acoried to me today that I said I was going to post Chapter 10 on Monday.

Oops.

This is not a fun time to write right now. The list of things to get done before finals just keeps geting longer and longer so it is my sad duty to extend the hiatis to the 13th.

Me the week of finals


But since I havn't posted something in awhile and won't for another 2 weeks, I've desided to treat my readers (all two of you (-: ) I'm going to post something on here more horafiing then anything you have read so far.

The cat scene. The worst thing I ever wrote.

To back up a little bit. As you know, The Nightlings started as a NaNoWriMo novel from 2010. Having writen the first draft in a month, it was less then good. It sucked. But by far, the worst part was a scene that I wrote that when my own mother read, she threatend to put the book down.

Here it is. Enjoy.

...
...
...


“Like I said I have demons in are past.” Monday stood up. “Coffee?”
            Monday made coffee in the small kitchen trying to keep quiet so she wouldn’t wake Ezra or Michael up. Sorin sat at the table as she gave him his coffee sitting down with hers. “There are demon in your past that you don’t want to talk about to remember?”
            “Yes because if I brought them up then I would be talking about them. And since I don’t want to why bother. ” Sorin toke a sip of his coffee trying not to make a face. Monday didn’t have to read his face to understand; living with Ezra had not improved her cooking skills. “You look different in the morning. Why is that?”
            “Because in the morning I look like hell. I may not look perfect like the girls at school but it takes a lot to look even descent. This is me without make up to cover my scars or shadows under my eyes?”
            “What scars?” Monday put her hand out when she regretted. There was still dried blood on her finger tips where her claws grew in. Sorin grabbed her hand up causing Monday to scream out. “What did you do to yourself? They look ghastly!”
            Monday didn’t know how to answer. Because of the dried blood she could say that they were old and if they were from what? She unthinkingly said that they were recurring so she either looked crazy or psychotic. Monday thought fast on what to tell him.
            “Cat!” Sorin looked at her skeptically. “Ezra and Michael have a cat …that scratches…its looked up in there room right now…id show you the cat but I don’t want to wake them up…you understand.”
            “Oh ok.” Sorin looked relived that Monday wasn’t crazy. “It’s better that its locked up, I’m allergic. It funny because normally when someone owns a cat I’m deathly allergic to that person. Weird.”
            Monday toke another sip of her coffee glad that she one dodged a bullet with Sorin. It was still too early in the relationship and morning to bring out the Nightling card. She was just thinking about how she really needed to learn how to make decent coffee when Sorin asked.
            “So why aren’t you sleeping? More demons I supposed.” Before she could come up with something Ezra walked out of his room in what smelled like an old shirt that had what Monday thought was dried B positive blood.
            “Morning Pumpkin. Hope you caught something hunting last night because I sure as hell didn’t.” Ezra said making things worse. Ezra walked into the kitchen only to see Sorin looking confused while eyeing his bloody shirt. “What going on?”
            “What did you mean by hunting?” Sorin asked pointing at the shirt. Monday hid her face in her hands trying to come up with a quick lie, before she could Ezra either made things worse or better. “Is that blood?”
            “Hunting for coupons!” Ezra said as Monday peeked out from between her fingers. “Michael; my partner, is a coupon fanatic and everything is bought with coupons. He has us spend all night trying to find the best ones. It’s crazy but I love him and she basically does what I tell her to right pumpkin?”
            Monday nodded quickly. Sorin still looked confused. “That doesn’t explain the blood-”
            “The cats got into a bad fight last night.” Monday said trying to drink her coffee calmly. Sorin did a quit ‘Oh’ before excusing himself for the bathroom. Once he left Ezra sat down in his empty chair.
            “Why the hell is he here and what cat are you talking about?”
            “I had to tell him something. He came over to pick me up for the date I forgot about and asked about the scars on my hand. I’m not a good liar Ezra; I’m not used to it. This is why I keep people away.”

0 comments: